Sunday, April 22, 2007

Puerto Varras

After leaving Pucon, I met up with Claire and AJ in Puerto Varras, a 5 hr bus-ride south. It was a cool little town (20K) south, just near the northern Patagonia port. All we did was drink wine and pass out. It was midnight, and Claire loves to sleep....

We woke up and walked around the town after a hearty breakfast of eggs and Ades. Claire loves the stuff. Aparently, it's more like a laxitive for her... But she likes it anyways.

We took a bus to Frutiar, a tiny town just north of Puerto Varras. It was tiny and very quiet. The neaby volcano came out in mid afternoon as we were having a cappuccino in the waterfront cafe. Neat little stopoff....

The laxitive and some OJ. It's really just soy-something with fruit juice, quite tasty.

Volcano! There were earthquakes and a tsuami a bit south of us. I'm annoyed that I missed it...
Puerto Varras waterfront. Lots of Germans down here, but nothing more than bratwurst ala pobre was on the menu's we saw. Meat with egg. Maybe fried. And some fried potatoes and salt.......
Claire goes to sleep whenever she can. It's really funny. I'm jealous in some strange way. She drinks a glass of wine and falls asleep. She takes a bus and falls asleep. I would probably be a much healthier person if I could sleep like she does.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

you can already sleep fine... I need to be able to sleep like that! How much happier would we all be if I didn't get crazy when I'm so tired =)?

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home