Saturday, April 14, 2007

A day of travel

We got to bed around 8am and woke up around noon. We went back to SOAR to do some internet & work before heading down to the airport. The drive was really pretty (near sunset) and I got to see the Cerro Tololo observatories. We killed 3 hours at the La Serrena airport before heading to Santiago. A very talkitive driver, Karen´s old friend, drove us to a swank hotel in the financial district of Santiago. Karen talked about Pinochet and the last 20 years with her driver-friend. Aparently, a really easy way to get excited conversation and perhaps fist-fighting is to ask about Pinochet or religion. I was in the conversation for about 5 whole minutes before I totally lost context..... I was proud of myself. I suck at spanish and can´t remember anything. It´s been replaced by Japanese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home