Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Aconcagua, La Serrena, Astronomy

I got some shots out the window, just north of Santiago. Awesome mountains, tons of haze. I'm pretty sure that Aconcagua, the talles mountain on the continent, is the sharp peak. It's giant! I want to run around that with Claire.

I'm headed up to the observatory tomorrow. I spent most of the day working on a spread-sheet and getting ready for the run. The astronomers here have a little "compound" and English is very common 'inside the walls'. Aparently, they make a ton of money and are mostly European.

There's a ton of haze in the air, but it's cool and really nice. I'm hoping to get some good timelapse.

Also - I've updated my timelapse, only to have an email from the computing staff that I'm taking up way too much space on the webserver. I've had to delete all the big movies. Too bad.....


1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Look at all the lenticulars!!! That place looks like a fantasy land for a cloud-picture-taking-addict like yourself.

..you'd better come back! ;* (that's a weak attempt at a scrunch face)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home