Sunday, January 01, 2006

On Da Big 'Ailan

I'm over on Mauna Kea getting ready to learn how to use the CSO. It's a radio telescope. From what I can gather, we were going to be looking at deuterated molecular lines (emission from molecules with deuterium substituted for hydrogen) but the reciever is busted (as well as a bunch of other crap) so Johnathan is winging it...... I'll be up till about 9am getting ready for the next few days. That makes for great time to blog and process videos. The number of timelapses on my website is about to double........

The hamakua coast from the airplane.

Jacquie, Kim and I had to kill a few hours waiting for bags that didn't make it onto our flight - Liliuokalani park is always nice on the Hilo waterfront.

One of the first timelapses from up at Hale Pohaku (the astro-dorms on the mountain).
Kohala and Mauna's Kea and Loa from the plane.


Mauna Kea from the airplane - I'll be on the top of the one on the left.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I thought there'd be snow! But I suppose if we're not getting any rain, why would the big island? Crap! How are you going to make a snow angel for me??

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home