Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Damn CSO

So, we couldn't see much of anything again tonight because the pointing was absolutely horrible. As soon as we had finished centering mars on our instrument and moved away to do something useful, it began drifting off in an uncontrollable manner....... I think tomorrow we'll be switching to some imaging if we can....

Although, I have been giving "The Beast" a thurough run-through. I've also discovered a machine-shop up at the summit so that I can play around with it and do interesting time-lapse..


A shot from sunset yesterday.I found a cool animation of the water-vapor in the atmosphere..... click here for their website, or just download it from mine.


The inversion layer has been breaking down and letting the cumulus clouds get up a little higher - I've put together a small lapse to test out a new way of exporting movies. Try out this .mp4 file, or if you want the big .mov one, try this.
I also have been playing around with sunset timelapses. I had no idea how much the light varied - the camera needs to be checked every 10 minutes...... try this .mp4 file

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Dave! Those sunset pics are GREAT! That red color with the starts in the last one is just striking, and the mountains really stand out in the first one!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Ok, and I just watched the red pic .mp4 lapse (which my work computer will actually play, sweet) and that is one of your best, I think. Very cool.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home