Sunday, December 14, 2008

Home!

I got back from Maui Thursday night and spent an office day and a weekend working on papers & plots while my computer chewed on pictures and websites... They should all be done shortly. At any rate, I spent a mellow weekend working from home and packing for the snow. I'll be in Michigan soon!

The corrections to this paper didn't take more than a day. Excellent. It's up on the arxiv here - http://arxiv.org/abs/0812.2598

The proof corrections for the ApJ suppliments paper were fairly easy too. I still have to make the corrections to my own copy for the arxiv, but at least this thing will be officially published next month. This was the bulk of the data from my thesis - Submitted in May, accepted in September, and in the Journal for probably January. Not soo bad....
Heather, studying away..... Bob in her hands and an HR diagram on google. Such an estudious little astronomer. To quote Sean: "Jonathan said there are like 15 new students coming in, or something ridiculous like that. They must seem so young now, cute little idealistic astronomers that really want to unravel the universe's secrets and are terrified of the quals. Poor bastards." I agree completely.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Yeah, definitely not Winona Rider-ish at all...

8:04 AM  
Blogger brian harrington said...

ubiquitous h alpha polarized line profiles? as ubiquitous as the ladies who want my body?! (im killing time till i need to go to the airport by the way... so rest up cause i get shotgun at 5 am bitch.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'd say ellen page-ish ;)

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home