Friday, December 05, 2008

A TerraPAC Run

Billy and I made a really nice discovery. Honolulu airspace only extends to 9000ft! We are able to fly above it no matter what the heavy traffic in town is doing. On clear days, this means we can go cover a lot of area and not deal with the heavy restrictions of Class B space. Pretty neat! We got up early this morning and did a few hours of photos townside. I got to try out my new Pentax K20 and give the anti-shake a try. It's pretty cool, I've got to say.... It's always a little freaky being up that high though. It's way more safe than flying low - if the engine goes out, you can glide anywhere. But there's something inside of me that is still mildly nervous being 2 miles up in something that only carries 2 people. It makes you feel small and delicate.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home