Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Santa Cruz

I came back from Maui Sunday night to a whirlwind of activity - Aurora, the UNAM grad student working with us on Maui, came over to O'ahu for two days to learn what grad-school was like here. I frantically packed for Cali till late Sunday, got up around 5am to head in to the office, did work stuff, and then did a bunch of introducing while trying to get ready to leave. I'm still really tired from it.

I'm in Santa Cruz visiting Jesse this week, and I'll be up in San Fran next week. I'm basically working during the days and hanging out with people at night.

It's a little strange how small the world is - I know two of Jesse's housemates through the CfAO programs I've done. It was funny getting in yesterday and seeing Patrik and Cooks..... In the same house. The last time I saw them was in March at the PDP workshop and I didn't expect to hang out with them until the next one. Random surprise. It's actually really nice. I now know a bunch of people here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home