Thursday, November 01, 2007

In the fog

The fog is a strange thing. Around midnight Tuesday night it disappeared for a few hours. I got a call from the operator and frantically started observing but with the tuna-can walls up. You can see out the top while still protecting yourself from the wind and fog. I got some good observing in until about 3am, when some more fog came. But it went away from 4-5am. Then it came in for good.... What a strange night. Anyways, it's been totally humid here the last two days and the forecast isn't good. I've been processing data and trying to get a few things written.


I found a star to be horribly variable, and another to be strongly variable. It is kind of amazing watching these stars. They change a lot....


I also started looking at a new class of objects. I've now got a number of new polarization signatures to worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home