Sunday, December 10, 2006

Stacking Images

I just figured out how to effectively "stack" my timelapse image sequences to make a composite. Basically, add them all together and try to scale it properly. They turned out really really well. I'm going to try to go back to my raw image archives to see if I can make some good time sequences of moonrises and star-circles. I don't know of a photoshop routine to do this, but in IDL it's pretty easy - READ_JPEG for all of them, tot_image=SUM(images), SCALE_VECTOR(tot_image, 0, 255). Pretty neat. Well, geeky at least.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Is the super bright one in the middle a planet?

6:54 AM  
Blogger geekedout said...

i'm pretty sure that's sirius, the brightest star in the sky.... it can't be a planet cause it's not over near the moonrise (on the ecliptic).

2:23 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

aaah i thought that was the ecliptic.. silly me.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home