Saturday, December 02, 2006

BJJ Tourney Part 1

So, in quick summary - I had 4 matches - I got a submission, got dominated and lost big on points, tied after OT, and then got beaten on points. I had a tough decision to make about gi-bronze, and I got a tough lesson about what happens when you don't train for 2 months. Stories later. Some fun stuff now.....

Paul throwing somebody.
My one and only no-gi match against Rick, from HMC. He took me down, got 2 points, and won, but never left my guard. The match went a lot different than it did against him last November. I don't know which was more dominant - me being out of shape, or him being a lot better. Perhaps Liz might say both? Either way, I couldn't get anywhere near him, so I clearly lost this one.

This dude smoked me. Strong as all hell. I never really felt threatened, but as a wrestler-type, I couldn't move against him at all. He just killed my game completely and then got on to my back. Steam-roller style.
Ahmed and B.J. The kid is going to "take Liz out to a movie when he gets bigger"..... Don't mess with Ahmed's kid. He'll beat you up.
Romolo couldn't talk at the end of the day......
I got a submission out of a standard arm-bar on this one.
But before I did, it took a long time to actually stay stable.....
Liz and crew running the brackets.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Harrington said...

I think you better let him take Liz out to a movie!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

he's the cutest little boy!!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home