Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Kitchens and Code



Day two of my nights on the summit. I decided on my way up here that I have had enough of living too cheap on the summit. I went to costo and bought pots, pans, tupperware, oil, pillows, etc. Home-ish stuff since I'll have spent 50 nights up here by the time this year is over...... The pillows were junk and the kitchen needed some serious redoing. I also turned the bedroom into something more like a "cave". The windows face southwest and it's hard to sleep past 10am because the ripped up and shredded blinds let direct sunlight onto the bed. So much for sleeping during the day. I duct-taped a bunch of old towels to the windows!! They keep the draft out and the sun! Awesome. Yesterday, I actually slept in till 3pm!!! I don't think I've ever felt this awake while observing. Only 3 cups of coffee! Anyways, it feels a bit nicer up here than before. Liz and I will be spending some xmas vacation over here so that makes it even better.....

While I was observing, I finally got part of that "color calibration" done and I tweaked my software a bit: I can finally put a bunch of data from different nights on the same plot. One step closer to telling a story about it (and publishing those oh-so-precious papers).





Zoom in on the "absorption trough"


2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

whoa. that's a lot of lines..

3:08 PM  
Blogger Diane Harrington said...

picture one looks like part of an ekg to me I like the idea of making your base more homey and I'm glad you and Liz canspend some time together

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home