Friday, December 08, 2006

BJJ Part 2

I'm working on getting the tourney vids downloaded. They should be up on this website soon.

I think, in looking at the vids, I did better than I felt, but worse than I should have. If that makes any sense. I made some really stupid mistakes but overall, it was a good experience. I really felt tired and weak and that's a good thing to feel. It really shows you how much of what you do is purely brute strength, and how much is skill/technique. I was amazed at how much effort even the first match took. My timing was off too. I had no idea what I'd lost in 2 months on Maui. I was in the weight room every day after, till today, and it was neat seeing what strength had gone. Anyways, it just drives home the point - you have to train often to keep things sharp. Too bad I'm going to be gone so much in the coming semester. Maybe I'll get some free time sooner or later.......

Here's a "screen-shot" from each match.





1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Harrington said...

it does look brutal

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home