Saturday, February 18, 2006

Supersize Me

My office mate, Nick, was inspired to do an experiment - leave some McD fries in a jar and see how long they decay. We're going on 9 months now, and they still look like fries. It took them about 1.5 months to start growing white and green stuff, and they've only slowly been turning black ever since. I'm amazed that we eat this stuff all the time. I've never watched that movie, but the idea that it could ruin a man's health in a few months is shocking yet somehow understandable. I'm so glad I stopped eating any of that years ago.




2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Sorry I couldn't chat today, I'll call you tonight! Try one month, not a couple or few, but one! His liver started to die, one doctor said the symptoms were similar to an alcoholic. Most interesting to me was the way he became adicted to the food, massive cravings, feeling shitty when w/o it, feeling elated when he got the food...makes ya think about the kids and happy meals, doesn't it?

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once hung a donut (glazed, with sprinkles) on a wire in my office for 18 months. Never saw a trace of mold on it. I guess it dried out too quickly.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home