Monday, February 06, 2006

Visitors n Circle-Isle

Being in Hawaii, there seems to be a steady stream of visitors. There should be. I like having a network of friends to go visit in interesting places, and think that I should always be open to people coming here. I hate traveling like a tourist - if you only stay in your hotel and go to restaurants, you never really see what life is like there. That's fine if you want to be insulated and isolated, but traveling is a really expensive way to do that. If only I wasn't sharing a 4 bedroom townhouse with 6 people so that more could come stay. I doubt I'll be able to afford more for the next 4 years at least.

Liz's cousins came last weekend and we only had Sunday to hang out. There's a standard route - up the windward coast, around the North Shore, down the middle. I had no idea, but the swell was huge when we got up there.

Liz at Pupukea - I think this is a "Paper-Bark" gum tree - it feels like cork. This tree has to be my favorite on the north shore. It's holding a hill together and "crossing it's legs".

Surfer (out of focus) at Waimea. Tripple-overhead is enough to break you on the reef pretty good.
Three Tables - where are the tables again? under the foam.....

Liz's cousins - Erin and "Yooper". Both from MI-Tech, now in Minneapolis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

I remember 3 table being a kiddie pool for the locals. I can't believe that picture. It's crazy!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

I remember 3 table being a kiddie pool for the locals. I can't believe that picture. It's crazy!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home