Monday, October 13, 2008

Driving to Death Valley

I'm on the road with Garry driving the Shabar over to Rogers Peak in Death Valley National Park. It's been some really pretty country. We flew in to Vegas late Sunday night and stayed at the Tropicana. What a weird city. Disney Land Adult. Garry and I spent maybe 5 hours on the road gathering supplies and the equipment then driving to Panamint Springs "Resort". We met up with Jeff as well as Leah and Ryan from Northrop. The road didn't even widen for the 'resort'. I think the generator was shut off around 10 and the power went out for some people. It was a wonderful drive and a beautiful desert night but what a strange place....



2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Isn't Death Valley absolutely beautiful? I found it breathtaking, and still don't understand the whole "Death" part of the name. Except for being hot, I didn't find anything Death-like about it. Of course we had water...

7:47 AM  
Blogger geekedout said...

Yeah, I think that's the thing. Winter is beautiful. 130F in the summer relying on yourself to find water... not fun!

By the way - I was right next to Telescope Peak - we set up at Rogers.... 7 miles away.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home