Friday, August 01, 2008

Flying to Santa Cruz

Today was a panic day. Billy and I got up early to go fly a photo-run for TerraPAC. But somebody flipped their car and blocked our neighborhood from the outside world... I got out at 11:20am with my flight departing for California from town at 1pm. I made it with 10min before the gates closed....

We flew right by the north coast of Moloka'i so I snapped some vis and nir shots. The color IR has been offending Jesse, so I decided to make some b+w's out of them.

This shot shows how I pick just the 'red' channel to make a high-contrast black-n-white from a hazy visible image.

Then, just the 'green' channel from some infrared shots. Of course, green is meaningless after the vis/ir filter swap, but the green channel comes out nice and clear.

Kalapapa

The eastern side of Moloka'i with West Maui in the background.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna Bebenek Cooney said...

What! Not a plane, really??! geez

Nice photographs Dr. Dave.

I can't wait to fly to Molokai all on my own.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home