Saturday, June 14, 2008

Approaching Solo!

I spent Saturday down at the airfield. I had lessons from 7-8:30 and 3:30-4:30. In the middle, Steve gave me the ok to practice on the ground alone. I spent it just learning how to keep the plane going straight or to do circles left/right. The plane acts like a weather-vane and wants to line up with the wind (and the tail want's to come off the ground), so it's not as easy as it sounds... My last major area of crappyness is keeping the plane going straight on the ground with just rudder and brakes. I spent most of my lessons doing these funny take-off's where I'd reach 40 knots then power back to hold that speed. I'd practice going straight and balancing on one wheel (windward wing down) so I can handle gusty cross-wind landings. I'm taking my solo-flight Tues morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home