Monday, April 21, 2008

To Michigan Tech

I'm at Michigan Tech this week. What a strange feeling. This all came about because my old advisor, Will, is now the director of the Remote Sensing Institute here. He invited me to give the last seminar of the class and to stay till Thursday to present an award to the top physics graduate after their senior research presentations. I'll be meeting a whole bunch of people and trying to get caught up with the faculty and students here. I think I'm useful to them in that I'm an example of what happens after undergrad. It's been really strange knowing that I haven't been around for 5 years now....

Me on the physics dept website.


The RSI

Flying from San Jose over to MSP. Near-IR shots are freaky....





And a young Dave... The 2003 MTU physics class.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing how time flies isn't it?

-NJ

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run the Tech Trails once on my behalf...I spent many hours there!

-S

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the red shirt you are wearing.

John McCain

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Was that pic on the website from our Sophmore Seminar class (the one where we all did hour long reports?)

Also, FYI I got really sick after you left, so it wasn't the presentation!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Auntie C said...

I can't believe it's been 5 years. You're on an amazing journey! Auntie C

3:27 PM  
Blogger geekedout said...

time goes by way way way too quickly....

the pic was from the senior seminar, just before the 5 of us graduated..... you still passed out hard during the talk. not so encouraging! ;) no worries man. get some sleep and get your health back.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pants.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

brings back some memories, huh? your orange hair is pretty funny.. maybe that's why it took me 3 or 4 years to get it into my head that you're not a blond

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home