Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I gave my talk at AbSciCon today. I've got completely mixed feelings about this one. The whole conference has been really interesting, engaging and informative. However, I think I've hit a saturation with conferences, talks and meetings. I think I just need to work for a good few months now. So, I was in a funny mood later on in the conference, and my talk was on the last day. I decided to try to take out all numbers and "irrelevant technical details". Basically, I left the talk as a pretty-pictures/videos discussion about what my instrument can do. It's astro-biology which means there should be astro, bio, geo, chem, phys, and the space science crews here. 650 people. Jargon is a killer. The feedback was somewhat mixed - 4 younger people really liked it. 3 older people wanted more detail. I think there were maybe 25 in the room. I don't know if I'll try to do this style again for this type of audience.....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home