Monday, April 07, 2008

Ahihi in the NIR

At Jesse's suggestion, I decided to start channel-swapping. That means that when I shoot my NIR images, I'll switch blue and red with photoshop. This makes those funny blue colored plants look something more like normal. The pics of the reserve were fantastic.....

As shot with the Canon...

Red => Blue
Blue => RedRanger Judy. More like shark Judy. She was patrolling - slowly and authoritatively.... Watch out poachers and tresspassers. She bites!
Naturalist Judy - in the kiawe forrest. I learned two interesting things - these trees are non-native and causing big issues. They also make "french-fries'. The pea-pod things they produce cause a massive feeding frenzy for everything non-native, dropping their edible parts all over.
A channel-swapped shot up the rift zone towards Ulupalakua.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Ah yes, the switch has left me feeling much less confused.. excellent.

I'm processing sediment data from Ahihi at work right now.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Whew, I was hoping that you would do this. My eyes are much happier looking at these. The totally bleached out trees is kinda, contrast lacking I guess is the best way to describe it.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home