Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Last Day on the Mountain

So I made a discovery that made all the difference for this trip. There's an archive where you can download other people's data as long as it's more than a year old. It turns out that there's a few snapshots of the stars I wanted to look at in there. It was a royal pain moving gigabytes of data around. It had to go from a websie to my laptop to my cfht computer to the summit, get processed there, moved back to the cfht computer and finally moved back to the laptop. But it kept things interesting, and I've managed to salvage a section of my thesis entitled "ESPaDOnS vs HiVIS". I can compare results!! The weather killed my run, but I still got something useful.....



1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Harrington said...

that's amazing

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home