Friday, August 31, 2007

Awesome Sunsets

I've been up in the fog since early Wednesday night. It's been not so good for my data collecting. However, tonight is especially annoying. There isn't any fog, it's just "humid". To open the telescope, the humidity must stay below 85% for half an hour. It's been hanging out at 95%, but you can see the stars. It's horribly frustrating to see the stars and know that you should be taking pictures of them with a 50million dollar facility......

But on a positive note, the sunset was really pretty..... I ran down to the edge of the site and got to see west maui poking out of holes in the cloud. Very cool.....

And, there's some Japanese up here doing some meteor-spectroscopy. It was actually fun talking to the leader-guy. He's from Kobe Uni. Aparently, he's even read my Deep Impact paper. Go figure..... I thought nobody would read it.




1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Harrington said...

the colors are fantastic

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home