Thursday, August 23, 2007

Many Movies....

I've ended up watching a number of movies lately. I've been pushing pretty hard, mentally and physically, and then I hurt my wrist boxing, so I can't grapple or punch.... It's been good just to run, lift, and relax at night. It feels like recharge time. I have to say the movies have been, in general, a bit more hard hitting than usual. I think my favorites were:

Fog of War - McNamara's reflections on war.

Why We Fight - a documentary about the recent war with an excellent commentary by a retired colonel.

Enron - Smartest Guys in the Room - corporate culture

Fast Food Nation - great story. lots wrapped up in here for me.

I did end up watching some anime like Nausicaa with Liz. Miyazaki is awesome. Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, and Princess Mononoke are awesome. And they're awesomeness is most awesome in Japanese, preferably without subtitles. The English voice-over usually sucks. Back in the day, I could at least understand a little bit. I really need the subtitles now.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey this is nothing to do with your post but i saw you went to brazil. i was wondering what part since im moving there and was wondering if you liked it. i also wanted to say hi and see how you are doing. its marc, daves brother.

well just wanted to drop by, but have a good day

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home