Sunday, December 20, 2009

Glider Ratings!

I spent a lot of time flying this weekend - three days straight at the airfield. I managed to get endorsed to take my commercial pilot exam (so I can get paid to fly strangers around). I also got certified for 'aerotow' which means I'm allowed to fly normal gliders - the ones that don't have engines and must be towed up by another airplane. I did a few normal glider flights as well as a 'rope break' where we let go at 100 feet and did an 'emergency landing'. Fun times. I'm another step or two closer to being able to take the Fox up alone and make my friends faces fall off pulling high-g maneuvers! I did a few more practice flights doing wingovers and spins as well as formation flying with Sean in another glider. Time well spent. Now I just have to study for the exams and keep practicing... I spent a while talking to Steve about the Lomcevak, pinwheels and other ridiculous maneuvers. Lomcevak is Czech for 'headache' or 'hangover' so you get the jist. Fun times indeed....


2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

WHOO!!! Go dave!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

oh god

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home