Monday, July 06, 2009

Aerobatics in the Fox

I spent a day down at the airfield doing flight training and getting some aerobaitc experience. I took my old examiner up for a flight in the aerobaitc box as well as a trip to the south shore and back. I felt like I was a lot better. After a few hours of that, I got to go aerobatic in the Fox MDM-1. It's got awesome performance. It's rated to +9 and -7 g. Unlimited aerobatic performance. Loops, rolls, flips, whatever. Good times! I found a You-tube video from some other Dave who went up at Dillingham.... My ride was a lot like that. And then we did some super-fast ridge flying and then lazy 8's. We'd soar up to 1200ft on the ridge then dive down to 400ft, maybe 100ft off the ridge going about 120 and then pull up hard and ride the ridge back up to 1200 as you drift back in to a turning dive down the ridge again..... It felt like snowboarding but in the air. And very fast.


1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I think I'd barf. I'm getting a little queasy just watching the video haha!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home