Friday, July 11, 2008

Leaving Franzika

What a busy, moderately stressful but totally worth while event. I met a ton of good people. I got the impression that nobody had heard of the linear polarization results, so I spent a good while pushing that agenda and looking for potential collaborators. I don't think anybody has the time to read anymore, so we all have 30 seconds in the hallways between meetings to talk about results and theories. Nobody had heard of either the data, or the theory... In the end, I think this was the most productive meeting I've had. On par with Brussels and Singapore for the Deep-Impact usefulness for sure....


Baie St. Paul on the drive back to Quebec.




Randomly, a bunch of people were staying at or near the QC airport. We all met up and went out on the town for the last night. It was really fun.
And a shot of QC from the air. Looks surprisingly like Michigan, corn pizza steak and all, but somehow it's like France. I'll be saying bonjour for a while instead of hello....

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Ok, I gotta know, how do you get those greens? You must tell me!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

I was like 6:37am??!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home