Thursday, January 24, 2008

My first hike in a while....

I got my removable cast Wed. morning and decided to celebrate. I skipped work with Jeff (Rich) and went to hike Koko Crater and Mariners Ridge. It was a somewhat rude reminder of how far I've "fallen".... I used to be able to pound up those stairs, but I was really hurting by the top. 1200ft of stairs should only take 30 minutes. Damn. The view was just great though. After a pizza break, we then hiked Mariners Ridge. Again, awesome views. I thought the day was going to to be cloudy and rainy, but there was nothing but little cotton-balls on top of the Ko'olau range. Good stuff.

The Ko'olau range (Mariners Ridge with houses on it).
Looking east towards Sandy's and Makapu'u.
Hanauma bay.
Diamond Head, the Hawaii-Kai strip, and town.
Mariners Ridge from Koko Crater.
Koko Crater from half-way up Mariners Ridge
Waimanalo Bay from the top, Lanikai & Kailua in the distance....
Looking east down the Ko'olau ridge, Waimanalo below.
Waimanalo's end, Lanikai & the Mok's, Kailua bay distant.
Olomana and the Ko'olau range.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Dude, Nice pics!

How do you get the green color to come out so much? What sort of color balance/filters are you using?

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home