Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Submitted!

I just submitted an ApJ Letter today. It's the first publication on my thesis topic. I'm pretty stoked that I got this done. Now, I can start writing a giant paper describing everything I've done over the last 3 years, and turn that into my thesis. At least, that's how I hope the next year goes.


Basically, I've been talking about this spectral line - called H-alpha - which comes from Hydrogen around a star. I've been trying to get something up on my website for some time now about this research, but I haven't really had the time latley..... Maybe when I'm observing next week and I'm lonely and isolated on a mountain top.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still wondering why astrophysicists keep giving results in Angströms! Does this unit really still exist? Can't you just say nanometers like the rest of us?

By the way, congrats on your first thesis publication! I'm entering the hard part: writing the manuscript for the defence ;)

Later, Gilles.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Diane Harrington said...

that spectral line looks suspiciously like a QRS wave on an ekg

12:23 PM  
Blogger brian harrington said...

that spectral line looks suspiciously like my morning wood

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I was thinking that it looks alot like the population inversion of a properly pumped laser medium, at least when ignoring the units...

Oh yeah, almost forgot, LOL (@ Brian)

-NJ

4:48 PM  
Blogger Diane Harrington said...

Dave
I am also thrilled you called your paper Ho after me

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home