Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Napalm Compartment......

Or maybe it's just a spy camera.

Billy got a powered glider. Very very cool. Liz and I partied with these guys on Saturday (and that's another story). Billy couldn't stop talking about his plane and our plans to mount a camera on the bottom of it. Actually it's not his fault. I couldn't stop either. Anyways, he bought the plane and started his own "company" that does aerial survey & photography. I'm helping him out by doing what I know best - optomechanics. He bought a "pod" that is meant for cargo on ultralight gliders. I hacked the pod to put in a window, and I made a solid mount for the digital SLR (~$7K!). I think this was an awesome afternoon diversion with the added bonus of lots of free flights! Yay.


1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Harrington said...

I could have lived without knowing you're flying in that little bitty damn thing

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home