Saturday, July 29, 2006

The last weekend before the storm

I'm headed out tomorrow to start the giant trip. Big Island for a week observing, Brussels doing comets, then, finally, Michigan! I haven't been home in a really long time. It will be really nice to get home for a while and to catch up with people I haven't seen in a long time. Two weeks of work to go.....

Sean getting ready to devour.
Liz. Being Liz.
Liz. Behind a big fan. Just kidding.
Me, Sean, and Liz, (that was for you girly) hiked out to the Makapu'u lighthouse. It was pretty hazy, but I really like the lookout point. It feels like you're at the edge of something big.
Liz. Wanting to sail on a pirate ship. Or was it, expecting to see a pirate ship.
Sean, giggling as only Sean can, wondering with me about how the hell Liz's head works.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Sean looks like he's trying to bless the meal..

and yes, I want to see a pirate ship anchored at the foot of Makapuu by the tidal pools. Although I think it would be pretty fun to sail on a pirate ship too (depending on their business)!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Diane Harrington said...

It looks like just the right place for a pirate ship to come sailing in

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home