Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy F*&# Birthday, Again.

Today, I'm 25. I borrowed DnA's car last night so I could wake up at 5am to drive Liz to the airport. She's leaving for some weddings and a home visit. We go out to the street, where I parked DnA's car........ Last time I remember, they owned a Toyota, not a Lancer. Hmm. Not so good of a start (yet again) to my birthday. I call the 5-O. They said the car had been towed. Well, ok. Why? Tresspass. It was on the street. No, it was in somebody's stall, a mile away. I live at McCully n Lime, top left corner. It was found at 2558 La'au, bottom right corner.
How the hell did it get there? When was it towed? 2am. I guess somebody stole it and just abandoned it there....... The Lancer where a Camry once was.....
I woke DnA up after getting Liz a taxi to the airport. Angelica called the towing company. In usual style, the person at the office said that they couldn't tell us anything about the car because they were in the office and the car was in the lot. No, they can't go down and look at it, and no they can't ask somebody else.

The 5-O came and we filed our "reports". D has to go and pick up the car and have it fingerprinted and take an "inventory". I have no idea how they got into it because I still have the key, there was no glass *at the scene* and towing companies won't tow a car if it shows any kind of lock or ignition damage (can you tell that everything gets stolen here?) At least this didn't turn out like Lisa's stolen Civic in Pearl City where she had it for about 30 hours and they found it chopped to bits on the leeward side 3 weeks later. But still, b-day 2003 friend dies, b-day 2004 liz is hit by a car, now b-day 2006 car is stolen. At least 2005 was peaceful. I'm going to go eat some icecream and go to the beach. Work can kiss mine today.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

wow...last time i park my "most stolen car" at your place. at least they found it and towed it (so it couldn't be stolen again!).

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Captain, Hope you had a great day, barring the car dramas. Hope you managed to have some cake and that you got some lovely things. Hope the year to come treats you really well. Take it easy, Carly x

1:32 PM  
Blogger geekedout said...

civic owners beware!! sean - i think you're the only one who hasn't had a car break-in yet.....

2:40 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

actually, i think you're the only people i know who *have* had car break-ins...glad i have a garage...

3:20 PM  
Blogger geekedout said...

well.... lisa had her civic stolen, nick's had his lock drilled twice, lysa had her lock hella-drilled, liz had the window smashed, dagny had her window broken (cause zee german left a camera out.... trusting fool!) you are pretty fancy with your super-smelly security guards though.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Birthday pie will be ready and waiting for you when you get back from Singapore... =)

I was talking about the bad solstice luck for us yesterday too. What did we do last year for your bday?? I can't remember - I kinda think we didn't do anything but eat (kept us fat and out of trouble.. hehe)

9:23 AM  
Blogger geekedout said...

last year was just work and dinner out in manoa with my bro. nothing too exciting....

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home