Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good God...


The last few weeks has been an eye opening insight into beureaucracy. I'm hopefully going to be a post doc sometime soon. Jeff is paying me to stay. In late March, I wrote up the text of a job description based on the grant that would be paying me. Getting that simple 2 paragraphs into an official document and posted on a website took about 4 weeks. There were several yellow or blue hand-signed pieces of paper as well as many TPS reports. Now it's up on a website so I can actually apply for my job. Once I apply, more forms must be filled out and approved before I can actually start. My grad student job runs out tomorrow. I won't have an official post-doc till maybe the 23rd. I can't believe that it took more than a month to get a few paragraphs of text *that I wrote* approved when the people in charge of the grant want it!!!

It drove me to buy nice scotch and get hammered, just like previous nights... I'm one step closer to a sold out, real-world slave. I'm no longer a student once this job starts, early Monday morning. But I make 56k!!!! And I shouldn't complain. I've still got flextime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home