Friday, July 13, 2007

Flying to Puerto Rico

Today, I headed out to the Bioastronomy 2007 conference. I'll be presenting 2 posters (Deep Impact, and my thesis) as well as giving a talk at AbGradCon. I flew overnight to Chicago and then straight to San Juan. The lady next to me slept the whole way to Chicago, mouth open, snoring. Lucky her. She was 60 or so and it was kind of cute. I was exhausted by the time I checked in with Liz. Incoherent basically. When I got to San Juan, I realized that I was in a spanish-language city. I think this was the first trip where I didn't do my homework on where I was going. I was too retarted to speak Spanish, so I just stayed quiet.....

I found Karen after checking in (boss lady), and we spent some time checking up and getting organized. There were some issues with the company we hired to organize the conference, and a lot of UH people have had to step up. I was put in charge of organizing the poster session. I had to skip the bio-bay kayaking tour, but I got the poster session stuff sorted out.

Molokai with a haze layer.... The air was very thick on the flight out.

Small islands on the way from Florida to Puerto Rico. Probably more near Florida.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home