Thursday, December 21, 2006

Travel!!!!

Today was pretty nice - some good sleep, a bit of prep for tomorrow, but mostly a nice drive down to a beach, good dinner to celebrate the solstice, and some very good news. Down at Baldwin beach, there were these crazy mudcracks:




I'm going to use the SOAR telescope through CTIO in Chile for a few weeks in April, and I'll be presenting a bunch of stuff at a conference in Puerto Rico in July. Sweet. Busy, but sweet. It's back on to the night-shift for tomorrow so probably nothing interesting but code and reading till late Saturday.......

While this was all going on, Liz went throught the cabinets and discovered these really nasty cans of pineapple that had burst. I cleaned out a lot of the stuff up here, but I didn't do these. I found koolaid from 1978, Campbell soup from the early 80's through the late 90's, and lots of random old useless stuff. Liz found the winner. The can had sprayed black goo all over the back of the cabinets. I've taken it as a clear sign that nobody really cleans up or cares for this place. I don't think anybody has stayed up here like I have for a decade. This needed to be done very very badly......

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I really didn't think canned goods could go bad! But I guess after 30 years or something, it's had time for that 1 bacterium that made it through the canning process with major repairs to do to get eating..

11:35 AM  
Blogger Diane Harrington said...

botulism here we come

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home