Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Days on the Mountain

Liz was wondering what I do with my days when I'm up here. When you're working the night shift, sunset to dawn, you do a lot of sleeping. When you can. With the solar folks and Panic-Starrs, it gets loud so you basically end up a sleep-deprived, overworked zombie hooked on the black-crack (coffee). And I take a lot of timelapse. I spend a few hours in the summit visitors center when I can, since they have this awesome panorama-window and power for my camera. I usually end up talking to this random mix of fairly normal people with the hordes of retarted tourists. Which island is this again?? Did you look at a map before you bought your tickets here? Anyways, I digress. I've made friends with most of the rangers. Judy and Nan being the awesomest. I've managed to piss one off pretty good with my loud SLR. It's annoying, I agree, to have a loud clicking noise disturbing your summit bliss..... Anyways, night time is behind a computer, day time is behind a camera.



2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I really like the star pic!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Ok, how bout this? A picture book...you just take your favorite pictures, and see if you can get it published. I don't know, its just so good man, and you've got so much of it that I think you could probably put a good picture book together.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home