Wednesday, May 13, 2009

UCSC CfAO / ISEE I-SELT PDP for AMSC & AWI

I know people love acronyms these days but I think Santa Cruz may have lost it. I spent Friday through late Tuesday night preparing for the upcoming Akamai Maui Short Course (AMSC) at the University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC) Professional Development Program's (PDP) workshop on Inquiry in Science/Engineering Learning and Teaching (I-SELT) jointly run under the Center for Adaptive Optics (CfAO) and the new Institute for Science and Engineering Educators (ISEE) in collaboration with the Akamai Workforce Initiative (AWI). Sick of acronyms yet?

At any rate, it was a great place to learn more about how people learn, how to teach process-skills and to practice (and get feedback on) cirriculum development. I was MC for the final celebration and was "Flava Dave". Lani made me an awesome clock that I couldn't refuse. I'm still sore from grappling with Ryan. Amazing how quickly you lose your skills when you don't train for 2 years and somebody else does....



1 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I would please like to request that Flava Dave make an appearance at my next major social event, with the large clock accessory, of course.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home