Friday, March 07, 2008

PhD!!!

So, I've passed my exam and I've basically got my PhD. Sweet. I just need to finish polishing the thesis and turn in the final copy. The talk went really well and I didn't put too many people to sleep. I even got 4 questions. Amazing, considering the topic. Anyways, after the talk the committee stayed on and we discussed the thesis, extra conclusions to be drawn, things to include, etc. Then, Jeff in his old Princeton way, pulled out a wooden cube with some holes drilled in it and asked me about moment of inertia things. It was pretty funny. And I totally got it wrong. Who knew - a cube is a sphere? Here's some of the highlights from the talk.













6 Comments:

Blogger ingeloes said...

Congrats Dr David!

Welcome in the world of Doctors. Hope you will wear and use your title with dignity and responsibilty (that's part of the Dutch congratulations speech and if you see what some doctors use their titles for I think it's a good phrase to remember).

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats cheese-in-a-can-buddy ;)

I still can't figure out how you managed to finish your PhD faster than me, but i'll have my revenge!

Later, Gilles.

10:45 PM  
Blogger brian harrington said...

congrats, what's your jacket size? cause im getting you some twill with elbow patches, its time you look the part.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Dave! I wrote a few papers myself.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Grats Dude!!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Diane Harrington said...

What an incredible accomplishment

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home