Saturday, March 25, 2006

Panic-Starrs



The weather up here has been crap. Total crap. I've had a week now and I've only got about 3 decent timelapses and a bunch of computer work done. No hikes. There's another storm on it's way that will keep it crappy well into next week. So, needless to say, I'm way ahead on work. I was talking to the guys up here at Mees who happened to be doing construction of the Pan-Starrs telescope dome next door. They were supposed to hit first-light in January, but they still haven't weather-proofed the dome. It's been interesting to hear the construction crew's story. Basically it's been a total cluster-fuck with contract, money, and communication issues everywhere. So they're in panic mode. I mentioned that I was over here for spring break, but the weather has ruined it. Within a day, they had me signed up for 40 hours of work just doing random crap on the construction site. I've done about 12 so far. It's been fun. The highlights are - take down a staircase & scaffolding, throw a bunch of crap away, make insulated panels for a stairway, drill a bunch of holes in steel for a fan rack, and put a door-stop lock in. I'm stoked to make an extra 800 this week since I can't really do anything else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Have you gotten to smash anything with a sledge hammer? I know how you love that =)

12:53 AM  
Blogger geekedout said...

not yet. but i did get to drill holes in metal.....

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home